[openmamba-devel] x86_64 build box available

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it
Sat Jan 16 17:33:20 CET 2010

In data mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 22:19:51, Kristopher Gamrat ha scritto:
> I have a 64bit build box available for packaging. However, I'm told that
> gcc/glibc needs to be compiled for 64bit. If this is as simple as just
> compiling them, then I'm your guy. However, if some coding needs to be done
> to do this, I'm not the right person. Let me know!
>
> Piki

Hi Piki,
porting openmamba to x86_64 doesn't strictly need coding, but it first needs
some architectural implementation. I'm working on building a x86_64 kernel
release with 32bit user space compatibiliy, then I will make a test
installation media, evaluate the work to be done after and let you know asap.
In the meantime you could start installing the 32 bit openmamba release on
your x86_64 box and take confidence on packaging with openmamba. To do this we
use autospec, you can find the instructions (just translated to english) in
the wiki:

http://wiki.openmamba.org/en/index.php/Autospec

You can try adding or updating some software package according to your needs
for the x86 architecture, then when you are done you can request a personal
repository following the instructions in the same wiki page. Then you'll be
ready for x86_64 packaging when I'll give you instructions on this.

Thanks again for your contribution,
Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan